Vacancy for the position of – Deputy Manager.
Salary – £25.500 per annum.
To support the Regional Managers & Registered Managers in appropriately managing Spectrum resources in line with the Code of Conduct, Statement of Values, Policies and Procedures.
To share on a delegated basis the management duties within the unit and to support the Registered Manager in taking responsibility for service users and managing the resources designated to the unit and to undertake all rights and responsibilities associated with the role.
- To provide appropriate care and support service users in a way that demonstrates a person centred approach towards service users to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives. Ensuring that the interests of the service user are central to what happens in the unit whilst ensuring their views are respected on, and where appropriate and safe to do so, acted upon. To ensure the service user has a clear voice in relation to how they live their lives and what outcomes they are seeking
- To support the Registered Manager & Regional Manager to manage in a way that ensures the privacy, respect and dignity of the service user at all times and to create a culture, which recognises the Equal Opportunities of all.
- To contribute to the assessment of individual service users’ needs in order to assist individuals to secure the appropriate levels of resources and support to enable them to lead a fulfilling and active life.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of a happy, stimulating and secure environment for all service users.
- To work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team and lead on agreed programmes and be responsible for ensuring sufficient levels of resources and funding are available for ensuring programmes can be completed, as planned and is funded to such a level as ensures the success and implementation of such agreed programmes.
- To work with the manager to maintain a high level of service user support at all times.
- To be, on a delegated basis, responsible for ensuring all records relating to service users and their progress are accurate and updated in such a manner as to ensure a high quality end product is available at all times. To make available high quality reports as requested by the service users’ family, your line manager, Spectrum Senior Management Team, CQC or Ofsted and/or other involved professionals.
- To be responsible, on a delegated basis, for implementing and maintaining outcome led planning and to demonstrate through accurate record keeping that appropriate service user goals have been set and met
- To be responsible, on a delegated basis, for aspects of resource and resource allocation to ensure that good systems for budget management is in place and maintained.
- To undertake the full range of care duties, including being rota’s on duty and undertaking, and ensuring staff undertake, sleep-in duties as required.
- To participate in the Spectrum on-call system.
- To undertake appropriate levels of CPD and also to complete the requisite training within the required period.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check, with a check of the barred lists for both children’s and adults.
The post is a permanent position for 39 hours per week; all posts at Spectrum are subject to a six month probationary period.
Should you require any further information regarding this post a job description is attached, further to this please contact Spectrums HR Department on 01326 371000 for additional information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent