Care Support Worker
Hours: 20-39 hours per week
Pay: £10.00 per hour Mon to Friday - £11.43 per hour Weekend Enhancement
Spectrum ASD is a registered charity, with over 35 years’ experience providing specialist residential support for adults living with Autism. We currently have 45 individuals living in our care within our 17 residential adult care homes, of varying sizes and locations across Cornwall, who are all on the Autism Spectrum to varying degrees with a variety of needs and interests.
We are looking for Care Support Workers (CSW) to join our existing team of fantastic carers and behaviour specialists to help us support our service users. Both day shifts and night shifts available.
Responsibilities within this role include:
· Establishing a therapeutic relationship with our service users
· Assisting with communication and enabling them to manage choices
· Using a range of communication skills to promote dignity and respect
· Deliver therapies for service users in line with their individual care plan
· Promote their personal hygiene, cleanliness and appearance
· Assisting and supporting other members of staff in the giving of care
In return for your hard work, we can offer you:
- A permanent contract of employment – ‘cos care is a career, not just a job!
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing Autism-specific training programme
- Hourly pay between £10.00 per hour (enhanced for weekend shifts to £11.43 per hour)
- Access to the Blue Light Card scheme and Care Friends bonus of £1000 per person you introduce to working with Spectrum
- 25 days of annual leave (pro rata for part-time staff, converted into hours) plus all English bank holidays recognised as leave or as time off in lieu.
- Monthly paydays based on timesheets submitted one week in arrears, so any additional shifts worked (e.g. sleep-ins paid at £78.30 per night) are paid to you correctly as overtime the following month, on top of set hours.
- No uniforms, free Meal on duty, tea and coffee on shift and most of our sites have free parking or are accessible by public transport (so no need to have own car).
If you'd like to be a part of our wonderful team, please contact us by email to request an application pack.
We offer full-time (39 hours) or part-time (20 or 30 hour) CSW contracts, Waking Nights contracts (for either 40 hours or 20 hours per week) with additional overtime shifts always available. For increased flexibility, our Bank contract is based on a minimum of 40 hours per month or 120 hours worked over 3 months.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to an Enhanced DBS check (paid for by us)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00-£11.43 per hour