Are you a committed, dedicated, kind and strong leader hoping to have a significant influence for those living with dementia. If you would enjoy playing a key role in the day-to-day running of a creative, exciting and family orientated care home, then this could be the job for you.
To ensure the highest standards of care & service are delivered to our residents, relatives & visitors in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Take an active part in the development of junior staff ensuring that the needs of the residents are met. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who holds supervisory experience and is looking for a new opportunity. As a Shift Leader your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the highest standard of person-centered care and attention are given by yourself and those you supervise.
- Act as a key worker for a designated number of service users within the Care Home environment.
- Contribute to the care planning process accurately completing all necessary records for your designated residents.
- Work actively with any other health and social care professional to ensure the health and well-being of Service Users is upheld.
- Administer medication the service users based on the home Medication Policy.
- Support and develop new and less experienced Care Assistants through mentorship and the buddy system.
- Contribute to the development and effectiveness of work teams.
- Supervise a small team of Care Assistants allocate work load and make certain that all delegated tasks have been carried out and accurately recorded.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding residents, visitors and staff.
- Assist in serving meals to clients, particularly those who require help with feeding.
- Ensure all aspects of the environment are clean and tidy, particularly the resident’s rooms and en-suite facilities and in line with Prevention of Infection Control and Health and Safety protocols.
- Attend all statutory training sessions making certain that practices reflect the learning outcomes of the training. Attend any other training sessions that Eton House deem applicable to the role.
- Participate and encourage residents to participate in recreational activities and help provide physical and mental stimulation for residents.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, communicating and resolving any concerns that have been raised whilst working with the residents or members of the team.
- Recognise the responsibilities of all staff to make new residents and new staff welcome and help to
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Able to assist those in need of physical, social, and emotional support
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Previous experience in supervisory role, experience in managing and leading staffing teams to deliver positive results.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Hold a Level 3 in Social Care or Equivalent or be working towards achieving it