Purpose of the Role
To provide support in all areas of everyday living to all our Service Users, enabling them to lead as much as an independent lifestyle as possible whilst remaining in their own home where they are most comfortable. The service will include personal care and household management specific and personalised to each Service User observing and respecting the persons’ dignity and privacy at all times.
Provide all care and support as indicated in the Service Users’ Care Plan whilst listenening and observing how each Service User prefers their care and support to be carried out. The support and help given should be done without any discrimination or prejudice. You will help the Service User to make their own decisions so they maintain their independence as much as possible.
· Dressing and undressing / preparing the Service User for Day Care or trips out.
· Washing / bathing / showering / shaving / grooming / cleaning teeth.
· Hair care (washing / brushing).
· Nail care (fingernails only).
· Toileting and all aspects of personal hygiene.
· Continence management
· Care of pressure sores (under appropriate nursing supervision).
· Getting in and out of bed.
· Assisting with the use of aids to daily living / rehabilitation aids, as required.
· Helping with rehabilitation programmes, as prescribed by healthcare professionals.
· Day / evening / night sitting services, as required.
· Assisting the Service User to take prescribed medication.
· Where required, liasing with local pharmacies to ensure ample medication is available.
· Recording medication on electronic rota system via phone app.
· Preparation of snacks and meals according to the Service Users’ likes / dislikes.
· Assisting and encouraging with feeding.
Domestic / Household Services
· General cleaning duties, to include cleaning / dusting / vacuuming / polishing.
· Clearing household waste / rubbish
Companionship / Other Services
· Home companionship sits
· Accompanying to day centres / appointments / events
· Supporting Service Users with their hobbies. i.e. games, reading, etc.
· To conform all Policies and Procedures laid down by the Company in respect of carrying out these care duties and in other administrative aspects of the business, as relevant.
· To participate as directed by the Care Manager / Supervisor in Induction Training and regular in-service training programmes.
· To maintain accurate, concise and timely records of all care provided.
· To report and log any changes to the Service User’s condition or any concerns.
· To participate in regular staff / team meetings as required.
· To respond to emergencies, incidents or accidents and work with the relevant authorities where needed.
· To build up a good relationship with the Service User’s family and friends and also other professionals that may be involved in the Service User at any time.
· To provide feedback on care plans where changes may be required.
· To be aware of the tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken as part of care duties.
· To ensure that you use the appropriate electronic rota system when attending calls for the purpose of quality assurance and to meet the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
· To remain strictly confidential in all matters about the Service User and their family members or friends unless where a Company policy requires you to share such information or in the event that you need to in order to protect the interests and safety of the Service User.
Work Well as a Valued Member of the Team
We pride ourselves with employing honest, caring, loyal and passionate people to make that difference to someone who needs care in their own home.
We expect all our team members to:
· Treat all team members with respect.
· Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
· Use the Company’s electronic rota system.
· Attend regular supervisions and appraisals.
· Represent the Company with high regard at all times.
This list of duties and expectations is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out extra duties or tasks within your capability or with the relevant training.