• To act in a professional manner.
• To adhere to the Central Care Recruitment and Local Authority policies and procedures and relevant contract specifications.
• Treat with complete confidentiality, all patient information of which you have knowledge.
• To report any area of concern to the Director and Line/Registered Manager.
The job description will be reviewed annually or anytime Central Care Recruitment’s needs change anyamendments made will then be discussion with the post holder.
Operational Management and Business Development
• To ensure that the client receives the appropriate care package and that continuity of care is a priority.
• To provide telephone support to clients and care staff and where necessary, to work as a “hands on” carer.
• To assist the Branch Manager in auditing the standard of service delivery to clients by:
• Conducting spot checks and supervisions
• Client satisfaction questionnaires
• Attending review meetings with client / family / local authority / health personnel as required
• Creating and updating client care plans in accordance with Central Care Recruitment policies and procedures
• Any other administrative procedures required by the Branch / Line Manager
• To assist Branch with Care Workers interviews & compliance
• All patient safety incidents to be escalated as per Company Risk Management Policy & Strategy
• To assist with Risk Management training to all existing Care Workers
• To complete the Risk Assessments and care plans of all Continuing Healthcare packages / domiciliary packages.
• To participate on weekly staff meeting with Registered manager to discuss problem packages and issues to liaise weekly or daily as required with Line manager.
• To work shift patterns / unsocial hours as per the clinical needs of the packages
• Demonstrate the ability to manage the caseload effectively, dealing with unexpected issues e.g.Sickness.
• Delegate staff in conjunction with RegisteredManager, according to skill mix, workload and service user dependency.
Customer Service, Team working, planning and organising
• To supervise staff on community placements ensuring that they provide care in accordance with the Care Plan and that all staff abide by company policies and procedures
• Actively support, research and audit
• In conjunction with Registered Manager, review and update care plans
• Identify suitable Care staff and organise induction and training courses with Registered Manager
• Assist and deliver training for all specialist training needs (within skill set)
• Clinically supervise and appraise staff involved in Continuing Care packages as well as Domiciliary care packages
• Liaise with Branch Manager for operational support and clinical support
• Advise and support the Branch Manager with any clinical issues
• Provide a high standard of evidence-based care to patients in line with Central Care Recruitment and Local Authority Policy & Procedures whilst adhering to contract specifications.
• Have day-to-day responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating standards of care provided in the community by Support Workers.
• Support the Registered Manager in the service delivery of continuing healthcare.
• Ensure own knowledge, skills and expertise is up to date.
• Ensure new and junior staff are assessed as competent before undertaking enhanced roles e.g. PEG feeding, (within skill set).