Senior Support Worker
- £11.55 per hour
- Sleep-in shift paid at £10.42 per hour
Are you passionate about making a difference in vulnerable adults' lives? Do you want to join a family that cares about you? Moorview Care is seeking enthusiastic Senior Support Workers to join our team in Scarborough.
Why work with us? We believe in Trust, Kindness, Teamwork, Learning, and Respect. As a Support Worker, you will not only support clients with daily living tasks, encourage independence, manage medication and hygiene, and provide shopping and household support, but you will also build relationships and put a smile on someone's face. Our positive attitude and person-centered care empower individuals with complex needs.
What do you get -
- £250 toward driving lessons, and a further £250 bonus when you pass your driving test. Available on passing 6-month probation.
- £20 voucher on passing 6-month probation.
- £50 per year on your anniversary with MVC. £250 bonus for 5 years. £500 for 10 years.
- Paid apprenticeships with £200 cash bonus on completion of your L2 £300 for L3 £400 for L4 and £500 for L5. Available on passing 6-month probation.
- Employee Early Pay Scheme. Advance on accrued pay.
- Company loans.
- Cycle to work scheme. Available on passing 6-month probation.
- After 1 years with MVC, Healthcare cash plan. Including £200 towards physical therapies & £150 towards consultations & tests.
- Awards, seasonal & ad hoc gifts.
- Wider Wallet shopping vouchers.
- Everyday Advice Line. Confidential counselling, medical, legal & financial advice, 24/7.
- Wider Tech to spread the cost of tech purchases. Available on passing 6-month probation.
- An extra day of holiday. 1 day per year after 3 years with MVC.
- Refer a Friend - £250 when your friend joins the team.
What you would give us -
- Be the shift lead and provide support and guidance to the staff delivering care.
- Provide daily living support to the people we support
- Support Clients to identify and achieve personal goals and aspirations e.g. make a meal independently or go on holiday.
- Administer medication; order and record stock for medication records.
- Complete monthly audits on the use of Client’s petty cash.
- Follow care & support plans.
- Follow client risk assessments.
- Complete accurate record keeping including daily checks and BMC’s.
- Conduct daily completion of client timesheets.
- Report changes and review daily notes
- Adhere to policy and procedural health and safety, undertaking fire checks, submitting any repairs where required.
- Ensure staff compliance and due diligence to all policy and procedures.
- Caring and compassionate
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own.
- Commitment to respecting the rights of the people we support at all times and to promoting their privacy, dignity and independence
- Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Professional, smart appearance
At Moorview Care, we follow a safer recruitment policy and ensure our team members share our values. You don't need previous experience in the sector; we provide full training and support.
Join our team today and become the person who makes a significant difference in someone's life. Apply now with your CV and make your CAREer happen.