Waking Nights Care Support Worker – Adult Social Care
Hours: Full or Part-time
Pay: £10.66 - £11.72 per hour
Since it began in 1982, Spectrum has grown to become a leading provider of specialist care for autistic individuals in Cornwall. We are a charity and proud of our track record working with children and adults with complex and challenging needs. We operate 17 residential homes, a community outreach service and a specialist education centre, at various locations across this beautiful county.
We are currently looking to recruit for a Care Support Worker to cover our Waking Night shifts. These shifts run from 10pm to 8am on an ongoing basis.
Your role will be essential to the House by maintaining a comfortable, secure environment and a high level of service user support over the night-time period.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
· Excellent communication skills with initiative, assertiveness, and resilience.
· An ability to produce clear and accurate administrative records is essential, as is an ability to work cooperatively as part of a cohesive, professional team.
· A good level of physical fitness, to undertake Positive Behaviour Support training and intervention when necessary, so to keep our service users safe.
· An NVQ Level 2 qualification in Social Care along with an understanding of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) or a commitment to undertake training and to gain this qualification will also be acceptable for the right person.
To be able to drive and have access to your own car would be beneficial. In return for your hard work, we can offer you:
· A permanent contract of employment – ‘cos care is a career, not just a job!
· A comprehensive induction and ongoing Autism-specific training programme
· Access to the Blue Light Card scheme and Care Friends bonus of £1000 per person you introduce to working with Spectrum
· 25 days of annual leave (pro rata for part-time staff, converted into hours) plus all English bank holidays recognised as leave or as time off in lieu.
· Monthly paydays based on timesheets submitted one week in arrears, so any additional shifts worked (e.g. sleep-ins paid at £78.30 per night) are paid to you correctly as overtime the following month, on top of set hours.
· No uniforms, free Meal on duty, tea and coffee on shift and most of our sites have free parking or are accessible by public transport (so no need to have own car).
If you are interested in this role, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Please note that all offers of employment with us at Spectrum are conditional upon your passing our pre-employment checks; including right-to-work (UK immigration), two satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.66-£11.72 per hour