We are looking for a caring and Supportive Registered Mental Health Nurse to join out Nursing Services in the Derby area. Under the direction of the Registered Manager/Management Team, you will work as part of an integrated team delivering high quality recovery focussed care and interventions to individuals who use our services. You will provide the role and function of named nurse, offering nursing interventions in a wide variety of clinical, therapeutic and social forms. You will be responsible for the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, assist in providing psychosocial interventions and activities of daily living
How you will make a difference
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate clinical support plans based on the physical and mental health needs of the individual utilising evidence-based practice.
- Contribute to the development of the highest standard of clinical and professional practice within the service.
- Responsible for delivery and oversight of the clinical care and support of all service users, reporting changes in clients’ condition, and to provide prompt and effective interventions according to need.
- Undertake responsibility for clinical risk and needs assessment and the formation, implementation and delivery of management plans.
- Accountable and responsible for medication administration including monitoring and maintaining safe use, storage and records of medication administration
- Mentor and support staff medication administration practice
- Ensure a collaborative approach with external professionals and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide written reports to professionals such as GP’s, MHA tribunals, CPA Reports.
- Complete and review clinical assessments, CPA and support plans, liaising with other care staff in maintaining and supporting clients.
- Ensure the accurate entry of clinical data onto systems RIS and Sphera maintaining the highest standards of clinical record keeping
More information can be found in the job description attached to our direct advert.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an individual who:
- Qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN), with 6-12 months post registration experience with active NMC validation completed.
- Adhere to NMC code of conduct and professional practices and maintain registration with NMC.
- Relevant experience of working with mental health needs with sound clinical reasoning skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of mental health issues and the ability to recognise the indicators of deteriorating mental health.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current legislation, such as the Mental Health Act, DoLS and the Mental Capacity Act.
- Able to deliver a range of treatments /interventions in a person-centered and non-judgmental manner