We are looking for a Caring and Supportive Registered Nurse who will work according to the Nursing & Midwifery Council code and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse and key worker. Under the direction of the Registered Manager/Management Team, you will work as part of an integrated team delivering high quality recovery focused care and interventions to individuals who use our services. You will provide the role and function of named nurse, offering nursing interventions in a wide variety of clinical, therapeutic and social forms. You will be responsible for the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, assist in providing psychosocial interventions and activities of daily living
Imagine being part of an organisation whose common purpose is to help those who are severely impacted by mental illness. We believe that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity – and that’s why equity is one of our core values. We draw on the expertise, unique perspectives and lived experience of our people – regardless of who they are or their background – to help us become inclusive and anti-racist employer, campaigning organisation and service provider that reflect the diverse communities we support as a mental health charity.
How you will make a difference
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate clinical support plans based on the physical and mental health needs of the individual utilising evidence-based practice.
- Contribute to the development of the highest standard of clinical and professional practice within the service.
- Responsible for delivery and oversight of the clinical care and support of all service users, reporting changes in clients’ condition, and to provide prompt and effective interventions according to need.
- Undertake responsibility for clinical risk and needs assessment and the formation, implementation and delivery of management plans.
- Accountable and responsible for medication administration including monitoring and maintaining safe use, storage and records of medication administration
- Provide written reports to professionals such as GP’s, MHA tribunals, CPA Reports.
- Complete and review clinical assessments, CPA and support plans, liaising with other care staff in maintaining and supporting clients
- Responsible for carrying out medication audits and Infection Control ensuring any actions are completed in a timely manner
What we are looking for
We are looking for an individual who:
- Qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN), with 6-12 months post registration experience with active NMC validation completed.
- Adhere to NMC code of conduct and professional practices and maintain registration with NMC.
- Relevant experience of working with mental health needs with sound clinical reasoning skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of mental health issues and the ability to recognise the indicators of deteriorating mental health.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current legislation, such as the Mental Health Act, DoLS and the Mental Capacity Act.