We have an exciting opportunity for a Care Assistant to join our friendly team here at First Choice Homecare.
Job title: Care Assistant
Location: Watton, Dereham, Norfolk
Salary: £12 up to £12.50 per hour + Benefits (listed below)
Hours: Varying days and shift patterns in accordance with your availability and as agreed with the Registered Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Service Users are at the heart of care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their wellbeing.
- Ensure Care Plans are read and followed accurately and efficiently at each Service User visit.
- Advise, assist or undertake general housework, in order to keep the part of the home regularly used by the Service User clean and tidy as required.
- Advise, assist with or attend to the appropriate personal needs of the Service User, which will include dressing, washing, toileting, feeding, putting the Service User to bed and getting them up as required. A Service User’s right to privacy, respect, dignity and confidentiality should be observed at all times.
- Administering medication as per Care Plan and MAR Chart.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals you support.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth. Open to new learning opportunities and training.
- Be punctual, and smart in personal appearance, by wearing Company uniform and adhering to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Be a role model for other carers and be an ambassador for the service.
- Be professional, polite and reasonable at all times.
- Hold previous experience of working in a similar role / environment (desired).
- Have experience of working with Service Users (in particular those that may have additional support needs) (desired).
- Blue light card
- Pension scheme
- £150 joining bonus and £150 refer a friend scheme
- Holiday pay
- Free DBS
- Enhanced bank holiday pay
- Career progression
- Possibility to enrol on Health and Social care qualification
- Paid In-house training provided which includes Care Certificate and ongoing training
To apply for our vacancy for a Care Assistant / Carer / Support Worker / Care Worker please click on Apply and upload a copy of your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.