Your role will consist of coordinating carers on the packages with supervisory responsibilities, creating rotas and carrying out 1:1's and supervisions with staff, completing and reviewing care plans along with other administrative duties, participating in the on call Rota as part of the coordinator role, at times in an emergency you may be required to cover shifts if needed to maintain staffing.
The Deputy Manager will provide accurate weekly rotas for Carers and manage changes and amendments arising from sickness/holidays, client requests for changes and/or emergency cover.
They will be responsible for preparing and maintaining up-to-date Rota information, working with Team Leaders and Support Staff to co-ordinate the provision of high quality, individualised support to all clients, and ensuring quality assurance and consistency of service delivery, in line with company policy and procedures.
Main tasks and duties
- Allocate carers to client visits by using effective rostering, ensuring continuity of care and taking into account locations, skills required and client preferences. Send Rota out weekly.
- Take responsibility for new referrals from private clients and social services teams, ensuring full information is received and appropriate care planning is undertaken, and all information is on Birdie.
- Ensure clients care plans are reviewed, completed and updated every three months for all clients
- Provide day to day support, supervisions and appraisals for all staff
- Match carers to clients ensuring carers are notified of all conditions relating to the assignment.
- Amend and update rotas in line with Client requests for changes
- Arrange client cover during staff sickness/holidays and emergencies
- Revise Tasks on Birdie for new clients
- Arrange shadowing
- Support the carers on the field to help with holidays and staff sickness
- Assist Manager with identification of further business opportunities outside of current client base.
- General administrative tasks
- Be part of the on-call Rota
- Conduct quality assurance and monitoring activities for service delivery and documentation
- Liaise with Managers to ensure out-of-hours continuity
- Have a full Understanding of the 5 Key Lines of Enquiry
- You must have good IT, communication and office skills
- You must have a full driving license and own vehicle
What skills do you need for our Deputy Manager role?
- Feel as passionately as we do about providing outstanding care to our clients.
- Be able to provide exceptional communication in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
- Build good relationships with your colleagues and keep the wellbeing of our Carers and other colleagues in mind at all times.
- Have some experience of coordinating in care settings.
- Be highly organised and proactive in your own work and work undertaken as part of the team.
- Be a driven individual with a positive outlook and solution focused approach.
- Be creative and share ideas to help us continuously improve
- Be honest with a high level of integrity
- Be able to maintain accurate written and numerical records.
- Have great computer skills and be confident with IT.
- Show initiative and follow instructions, working as part of our team to achieve business outcomes.
- Be able to follow Lilies Home Care’s policies and procedures.
Salary: From £23,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
All staff are given Covid-19 training and full PPE is provided. We are working in-line with government guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradford, West Yorkshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- providing care: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)