Title: Staff Nurse
Hours of Work: Hours of work 37.5 per week according to the needs of the clients and the service.
Reports to: Registered Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 + Bens
My client, a well-established, experienced and innovative organisation that provides specialist care,
education and treatment services for individuals with mental health needs currently have a number of
positions for experienced nurses to join their team on a permanent basis.
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- To provide clinical and organisational leadership.
- To supervise junior staff.
- To identify opportunities for nursing research which would contribute to the development and operation of the service.
- To ensure that agreed policies and procedures are implemented and monitored.
– To ensure that each patient within defined clinical area has an individual programme of nursing care to meet their needs.
– To ensure that nursing interventions are consistent with a planned programme of care for individual patients at all times.
– To co-ordinate the nursing team to ensure that the operation of care plans are effective in terms of the outcome for patients.
– Work with other team members in the planning, initiating and running of therapeutic groups and activities.
– To give leadership to the nursing team, working in a collaborative and co-operative manner with the multi-disciplinary team, to promote the well-being and interest of patients.
– To deploy, supervise and support other members of the nursing team in the provision of a professional nursing service.
– To ensure effective communication within the clinical environment, facilitating the handover of clinical information in a planned manner.
– To take charge of Units as required in the absence of the designate Unit Leader.
– To meet the needs of relatives and establish communication links which allow relatives to participate in patient care.
– Liaise effectively and appropriately with other agencies, whilst respecting patients’ confidentiality.
– Ensure accurate up-to-date records on patients’ progress within clinical area.
– Ensure all reports, within designated clinical area, e.g. C.P.A.s, Hospital Managers, Mental Health Tribunals, are of the required standard, offering support and training to staff where necessary
– Facilitate and actively participate in meetings and reviews, as well as other team meetings as required.
– Participate in personal appraisal and objective setting.
– Participate in the implementation of professional development programmes, and assist junior nursing staff towards the achievement of developmental goals.
– To ensure a high standard of nursing care during procedures and treatments including the safe storage, administration and recording of drugs in accordance with Legislation and company policies.
– To ensure that patient’s rights are protected under the Mental Health Act.
– Disharge professional responsibilities under the Mental Health act 1983 and other legislation.
– Comply with N.M.C. professional code of conduct and ensure all guidelines are adhered to.
– Participate In the planning of Service delivery.
– To participate in any audits of the Service including Standard Setting and Quality Initiatives in order to deliver a high quality of care, implementing any necessary changes.
– Ensure staff adhere to all Group Policies and Procedures.
– To be aware of and implement Health & Safety regulations.
– Assist in reviewing policies and procedures in order to improve the effectiveness of delivery and enhance quality of patient care.
– Observe Complaints Procedure and allow for patients and staff to comment on services provided and report any complaints to the appropriate Manager.
– Maintain necessary equipment and supplies in order to carry out nursing care with efficiency and safety.
– To practice and ensure Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to.
– Act up to Unit Leader level as and when required.
- To take personal responsibility for own professional growth and keep up-to-date with current legislation in Mental Health.
- Create a suitable clinical environment to ensure learner nurses receive adequate instructions, teaching and support according to their needs.
- Facilitate and participate in continuing education programmes, using skills and knowledge gained to enhance the service offered to patients and staff.
- Act as mentor/preceptor as appropriate.
- Participate in clinical and managerial supervision.
- Participate in individual performance review at least annually.
Please forward all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Matt on: 02920 393 444 for further information.