Job Title: Deputy Home Manager / Head Nurse
Salary: £33,000 + Benefits
Hours of work: Full Time
The Orders of St John Care Trust is the 2nd largest not for profit care provider in the UK specialising in providing high quality, person centred care for older people, in care homes and extra care housing.
As you will be a key member of OSJCT we will ensure you have all the training, support and tools required to be successful in your role. You can also expect benefits such as:
• Support and training with your continual professional development.
• Career development and progression.
• Extensive and specialist internal and external training.
• Company Pension Scheme.
• Free Uniform.
• Free DBS.
• Renewal of Nurse PIN paid for by OSJCT.
• A chance to experience and work with a wide range of varying care and clinical needs.
We currently require a Head Nurse / Deputy Manager to work at Ashwood Care Centre, a new and modern home due to open in Warminster in September. The role will be supporting the Home Manager to ensure the smooth opening and running of this 82 bedded care centre, with a particular emphasis on nursing and clinical leadership.
Duties include but are not restricted to:
• To ensure that an excellent standard of resident care is set, delivered and maintained at all times.
• To have day to day responsibility for the management and allocation of duties to all nursing and care staff within a home.
• Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Trust’s whistleblowing policy as required.
• To communicate effectively with others including internal home colleagues, residents, external families and other outside parties.
• To undertake initial assessments of potential residents and work in partnership with the resident, their friends / family / advocates; advising on procedures relevant to admission and any changes which may occur throughout the resident’s stay.
• To negotiate individual care plans with residents, continually assessing and evaluating, to ensure that the agreed outcomes are met.
• To ensure residents are treated at all times with dignity and respect and their independence and control over their lives promoted.
• To pro actively lead the team in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care, ensuring that risks are identified and managed and care is evidence based to meet the needs of residents.
• To deputise for the Home Manager in their absence, being responsible for the fabric and running of the home, ensuring that there are sufficient staff to carry out all duties whilst ensuring the home continues to provide a safe and secure environment for residents and staff alike.
• To be responsible for ensuring that all care and nursing staff maintain written and electronic care records in accordance with record keeping standards.
• To be involved in all aspects of quality assurance including internal and external audits.
• To ensure that all medications, including controlled drugs are ordered, stored, administered and disposed of in accordance with the Trusts Medicines Policy, NMC and CQC guidance on drug administration
This is a great opportunity for someone already in a team leader or deputy position who is looking for a new challenge and next step in their career.
For this role you must have:
• Registered General Nurse Qualification and currently be registered with the NMC.
• Experience in a senior or team leader nursing role.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
For more information or to apply for the role please contact Laura Scott on 01452 876 182 or email email@example.com