Gibraltar House Nursing Home
We are looking for Care Assistants to join our team at
Gibraltar House Nursing Home, Portal Road, Monmouth, NP25 5FL
Set atop ‘Gibraltar Rock’ overlooking the historic city of Monmouth, in South Wales, Gibraltar Care Village combines the best of town and country living.
To promote individual independence, dignity and respect by delivering the highest possible standards of care to the people living at Gibraltar House Nursing Home.
Taking responsibility to ensure the well-being of the people living at Gibraltar House Nursing Home, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met. You should be someone who is emotionally intelligent and passionate about care and making a difference in other people’s lives.
Some of the benefits of working at Gibraltar House Nursing Home include:
· Excellent Salary
· Flexible shift patterns to include bank, part-time or full-time work
· Bank Holiday Enhancement
· Training Enhancement
· Opportunities for progression
· In-house Group Training Officer
· Free DBS
· Uniform provided
· Subsidised staff meals
· Subsidised Staff Accommodation and Relocation Assistance
· Rewards for recommending a friend to come and join our team
· Subsidised Private Healthcare
· Corporate Rates on your Household Insurance
· Working for a company who has gained numerous awards in Care, and who are one of the UK’s fastest growing Healthcare providers
Training & Development:
We use The Skills for Care training targets to ensure that our Care Assistants fulfil the aims of Gibraltar Nursing Home and meet the changing needs of the people living within their home. We also have a Group Training Officer who is there to support you by delivering in-house training.
We recognise that training not only improves the home, but improves the quality of life for those you care for by providing for them in the safest, most appropriate way. Furthermore, individual staff members benefit by improving their own skills which hopefully will stay with them forever.
Awards & Schemes
We are proud to be a founding member of the National Care Benevolent Fund which provides for those in the care sector who may fall upon hard times.
We are also working towards a specialist household care model that promotes quality of life for people living with dementia.
Gibraltar House has state of the art equipment and facilities including:
· 68 Bedded Home with a mixture of Single and En-suite rooms
· All Rooms equipped with a Television and a Nurse Call Point
· Assisted Shower and Bathrooms
· Hi-lo Bath
· Hydrotherapy Pool
· Extensive Activities Program
· Patio Garden
· 2 Lifts
· Mini Gym
· Hair and beauty salon with a hairdresser on-site most days
· Cinema Room
· Choice of Lounges with Plasma Screen Televisions
· 2 Gardens
· On-site Retirement Village comprised of 36 beautifully appointed Cottages and Apartments which offer independent living solutions for the over 55’s
Experience & Qualifications:
· Experience is not required as full training will be provided
· To have a genuine passion to care for people
· Be able to communicate at all levels
· Be a team player
· Have exceptional organisational skills
· Be willing to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
· Have a satisfactory Police Check and a check against the POVA list