We are looking to recruit a Peripetetic Deputy to assist Home Managers across the Carebase group with effective operation and delivery of the business plan for the Home. Assist the Home Manager as required and be responsible for ensuring high standards of professional practice and compliance.
- Acting as home deputy in the absence of the current home deputy where needed in the business, this may involve staying away from home
- Working alongside the Business Manager and deputy if there is a manager absence at a home
- Working alongside a Home Manager and Deputy where a home needs additional support for things like a CQC inspection, local authority monitoring visit, or concerns following an external audit
- Training new Deputies that come into the Carebase group
- Part of Strategic Initiative Meetings steering group to champion compliance initiatives
- To assist Home Managers regarding compliance of a Home, e.g. all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the Home
- In conjunction with the Home Manager to monitor CQC standards and ensure effective delivery of quality
of care within the home and to liaise effectively with CQC inspectors
- To liaise effectively with staff to ensure transfer of information within the Home
- To assist the Home Manager to ensure that all team members receive training and any support necessary to facilitate their role and that they follow company policy and procedures at all times
- To perform any other reasonable request by the Manager, Business Manager or a Director.
- Registered Nurse with NMC with a strong background as a Home Deputy, competent nurse in elderly care (understanding health issues related to older people) with expertise in dementia care. The role will require flexibility and willingness to travel across the group
- Good Leadership – A qualification in leadership or management
- Methodical thinker with a warm and friendly disposition
- A mentoring/teaching/ training skills or qualifications
Ability to assess and manage care staff and nurses competencies
Good communication skills, able to put others at ease. A strong team worker.
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Extensive training and development
- Support to meet revalidation requirements – designated ‘confirmers’ for each nurse
- Renewal/revalidation fees are paid each year, subject to qualifying criteria
- As an employer Carebases will reimburse all nurses NMC fees.
Join our rewarding group that has won Care Employer of the year 2015.