Job Purpose – To facilitate and support Residents’ independence and well-being. To plan and implement purposeful activities appropriate to Residents’ needs and requests.
• Facilitate Residents to socialise and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
• Plan and initiate monthly rolling / individual programmes, and encourage the residents to maintain pre-existing hobbies.
• Encourage team members, relatives and friends to participate in Care Home activities.
• Organise and accompany Residents, where possible, to off site activities, which may occasionally take place out of normal working hours.
• Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual Residents within the Home.
• Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and assist the named carer to review and update the Residents Care files.
• Discuss the aims and objectives of recreation therapy with other team members.
• Report any changes in Residents physical or emotional condition to the Home Manager.
• Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for residents who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
• Arrange / participate in staff and Residents meetings, as and when required.
• Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
• Report immediately to the Home Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Resident, colleague, self or another.
• Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Homes Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
• Report to the Home Manager, or Maintenance, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
• Promote a safe working practice in the Care Home.
• Carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Home Manager.
• Facilitate and support a Residents’ committee, where appropriate.
This is a team role within the Home. To liaise with the Home Manager and to ensure a wide variety of social activities are organised, thus meeting the needs and requirements of all our Residents.
To ensure that Carebase’s values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
• Care & Compassion for every life we touch.
• Respect & Appreciation for each other.
• Teamwork & Enjoyment in working together.
• Focus & Discipline on improving the quality of care.
• Creativity & Innovation to develop effective solutions.
• Honesty & Integrity in all dealings.
• Sustainably fulfil the Carebase Mission and Vision by building a strong financial platform
Mandatory training is up to date.
Personal accountability for own training and development needs.
Good numeracy and literacy skills.
A warm and friendly disposition.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Good communication skills, able to put others at ease.
Good organisational skills.
A strong team worker.
Reliable and punctual.
Willingness to develop new skills.
Weekends - Saturday 10 am - 4pm and Sunday 11am - 5pm
Job purpose – To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate a high personalised standard of residential care which meets the individual needs of residents and the high standards expected at Carebase. To ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met. To ensure that the company’s mission statement and core values are carried through all aspects of patient care.
To be responsible for the total care of all residents within the home.
To formulate, implement and regularly maintain nursing care plans, providing the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health& Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act and ensure that the correct accident and incident reporting procedures are followed to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
To provide and supervise the delivery of nursing care, acting as a resource for all the caring team, identifying any training and development needs, assisting colleagues to their maximum and assist in training programmes.
To ensure highest levels of personal hygiene and infection control measures are always adhered to.
To maintain and keep accurate nursing records, by liaising with residents, relatives and staff to ensure care planning is timely undertaken, implemented and evaluated, to participate in resident care reviews with residents, relatives and social workers as arranged and to ensure support groups for residents, friends and relatives are maintained.
To dispense and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records in line with current legislative guidelines.
To carry out effective stock control and ordering of resident’s prescribed medication and medical products for the Home in line with current legislative guidelines.
To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
To be an active and encouraging member of the care team, contributing to team meetings and resident review meetings, ensuring good communication and assisting in the induction and training of newly appointed members of the care team, ensuring Carebase Homes are friendly, supportive caring environments.
To ensure accurate and timely reporting of all annual leave, sickness, complaints, accidents mishaps and Daily Census to the Manager. Carrying out all procedures laid down according to Company Policy.
This is a team role working as an integral part of the caring team. There is also a supervisory and supportive element within the role, providing guidance and acting as a resource for the caring team. Close liaison with external professionals, Residents and relatives is also a large part of the role therefore excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
To provide a high standard of nursing care alongside the caring team whilst ensuring that the Carebase values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
Care and compassion.
Respect and appreciation.
Teamwork and enjoyment.
Focus and best practice.
Honesty and integrity.
Recognition and reward.
Creativity and innovation.
Development and investment.
We will sustainably fulfil our mission and vision by building a strong financial platform.
The Registered Nurse has a professional duty to be knowledgeable and keep up to date in all professional areas of work affecting the health and well-being of the Residents and staff.
Personal Accountability for own Training and Development needs as required.
Registered Nurse with current UKCC registration.
Experience in care of the elderly.
Practice knowledge of care planning.
Professional, understanding, and patient with a warm personality.
Good interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates a caring disposition towards others.
Reliable and punctual.
Team player, willing
To train and develop colleagues.
As an employer Carebase pays for their nurse's annual NMC fees.
Hourly Rate - £7.50 - £8.00 per hour